Dr. Rolf Rabenseifner, High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart (HLRS)
The focus of this three-day workshop is on the programming models MPI and OpenMP. Hands-on sessions (in C and Fortran) will allow users to immediately test and understand the basic constructs of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) and the shared memory directives of OpenMP.
Content Level: 70% for beginners, 30% advanced.
- Hardware architectures and parallel programming models
- Parallel programming with Message Passing Interface (MPI-3) and OpenMP
- Tools for performance optimization and parallel debugging
- Short introduction to Portable, Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computation (PETSc)
- Bachelor and Master students from Hesse or Rhineland-Palantine:
- PhD students from Hesse or Rhineland-Palantine:
- Members of a German university or public research institute:
Registration via CSC-Frankfurt:
Please create a new account on the Indico conference management system to register to the course “Parallelization with MPI and OpenMP”.
Detailed information at Indico website: https://events.fias.science/.
Registration will be closed after March 15, 2019.
This fee includes coffee breaks, but not lunch or dinner:
On the first evening, we plan a free guided-tour through the historic district of Frankfurt and a dinner (self-paying) at “Zum Storch am Dom” (https://www.zumstorch.com/).
The registration opens in January 2019!
Travel Information and Accommodation
From main railway Station “Hauptbahnhof” with S-Bahn S1 - S9 to “Hauptwache”, then with U-Bahn U8 (direction Riedberg) to “Uni Campus Riedberg”.
If you have questions about this tutorial, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a cluster introduction to Frankfurt's clusters in advanced for participants of this course.